Lanier’s Campground Golf Cart Policies
The golf cart policies listed below apply to ANYONE operating a golf cart inside Lanier’s Campground. This applies to annual lease site holders in all sections – including behind the gate, Wayne Lanier’s section and Bigford Park, and their guest. Please review the policies below.
1. We want to emphasize QUIET HOURS are 11pm-7am. This means no gas powered golf carts or loud music is allowed during quiet time.
2. No lewd, vulgar, or offensive music is allowed in the campground.
3. No reckless driving, horseplay, racing, or other misuse of the golf cart. Drivers must obey all traffic laws.
4. ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE WITH A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE IN THEIR POSSESSION. The licensed driver must be in control of the golf cart at all times (hands on wheel, foot on pedals). While it is true that we are on private property, we choose to uphold state mandates.
5. Privately owned golf carts must be registered and have a valid registration sticker attached to the front of the golf cart window in plain sight. Proof of proper liability insurance is required.
6. Golf carts operating after sunset must have lights turned on. Lights must be permanently attached and at least four inches in diameter. Aftermarket lighting is permitted on golf carts as long as it does not blink, pattern flash or strobe. Lights should not resemble emergency lighting.
7. A maximum of 5 people per golf cart at any given time. 8 people max on a limo cart. NO STANDING ON GOLF CARTS, everyone must be seated.
8. Golf Carts must be operated on campground roadways. Golf carts are not to be driven across vacant or occupied campsites. Golf carts must be street legal when operating on state roads. The state road begins at the guard shack as you exit the campground. Those operating golf carts on state roads are subject to state law, which includes operating the golf cart while under the influence, open containers, reckless driving and other state traffic laws.
9. The registered owner of the golf cart is responsible for any damages to grounds, vehicles, or persons etc.
*We understand some guest will not agree with our policies, but they most likely do not share our perspective, the liability, and the lack of respect our team (and many guest) have witnessed. Our ultimate objective is to make Lanier’s Campground the most safe and enjoyable family-oriented vacation destination that we can be.